Click to enlarge
The Jetta TDI has won the Popular Mechanics' Automotive Excellence Award, the Green Car Journal's 2009 Green Car of the Year and, today in Chicago, Motor Week's Driver's Choice Award for the "Best of the Year." Not a bad four months for the German diesel. The car also took home Motor Week's "Best Eco-Friendly" title, while the Honda Fit won for "Best Small Car." Don't think the Jetta TDI is unstoppable; it lost the 2009 North American Car of the Year crown to the Hyundai Genesis last month in Detroit.
Motor Week will air a special 2009 MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Awards episode starting Friday (check local listings for exact time) with 14 categories. You can click past the jump to see which cars and trucks won what awards and click here to see what we thought about driving the 2009 Jetta TDI for ourselves.
Live Photo Copyright ©2009 Sebastian Blanco / Weblogs, Inc.
2009 Drivers' Choice Awards
- Best of the Year.....Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- Best Small Car Honda Fit
- Best Family Sedan Mazda6
- Best Minivan Dodge Grand Caravan* / Chrysler Town & Country*
- Best Convertible BMW 1-Series
- Best Luxury Sedan Hyundai Genesis
- Best Sport Sedan Cadillac CTS*
- Best Sport Coupe Audi A5/S5
- Best Performance Car Nissan GT-R
- Best Small Utility Subaru Forester
- Best Large Utility Honda Pilot
- Best Pickup Truck Dodge Ram 1500
- Best Eco-Friendly Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- Best Dream Machine Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 / Ferrari California