Audi A3 TDI – Click above for high-res image gallery
The November sales numbers have been reported and Audi's diesel models are moving off lots at a rapid clip. Overall, Audi sold a total of 9,365 vehicles last month, a 37.5 percent increase over the 6,810 vehicles sold in November of 2009. Year-to-date numbers show that new vehicle sales for Audi are on the rise too, shooting up some 20 percent over the mark set for the same time period in 2009.
Though Audi's sales numbers certainly have improved over last year, it's the automaker's TDI-equipped clean diesel vehicles that have gained the most ground. The TDI engine accounted for 69 percent of all Audi A3 models sold in the U.S. in November. Additionally, the diesel-burning version of the Audi Q7 represented 45 percent of the SUV's total sales volume. Both Audi and partner Volkswagen have witnessed a trend of growing interest in their clean diesel models and hope to continue to ride the surge with more TDI model launches scheduled for the U.S. in the coming years.
Related GalleryReview: Audi A3 TDI
Photos Copyright ©2009 Sam Abuelsamid / AOL
Audi reports best-ever November U.S. sales; brand on pace to set all-time sales record in 2010
- November marks eighth record-breaking month of year and four consecutive months of record-setting achievements for the brand
- November 2010 new sales of 9,365 vehicles surpass previous November record set in 2006
- Best November on record for Audi A3 with 788 vehicles sold; strong sales debut for the redesigned 2011 Audi A8 flagship model
HERNDON, Va., Dec 1, 2010 - Audi sustained its 2010 momentum with record-setting November U.S. sales, which surpassed the prior November record set in 2006. Leading into the close of the year, November 2010 sales of Audi cars and SUVs not only marked the eighth record month of 2010, but also comes on the heels of the best-ever October U.S. sales for new and certified pre-owned vehicles in Audi U.S. sales history.
The November results keep the German luxury automaker on track to set a vehicle sales record in the U.S. by year-end. The existing annual sales record for Audi in the U.S. is 93,506 vehicles sold in 2007.
For November, Audi sold 9,365 vehicles, a 37.5% increase over the 6,810 vehicles sold in November 2009. Year-to-date in November 2010 Audi new sales rose more than 20% versus its prior year-to-date total of 73,686 vehicles sold.
Audi has enjoyed significant sales growth across all U.S. regions as November 2010 marks four consecutive record-setting months for sales. In particular, a new all-time Southern regional sales record has been achieved, with vehicle sales currently standing at 21,351 for the year.
Additionally, November marked the debut of sales for the highly anticipated and redesigned 2011 Audi A8 flagship model – the most technologically-advanced vehicle Audi has ever produced – with 310 vehicles already sold (on top of 23 2010 Audi A8 models for the month).
November 2010 Audi A3 U.S. sales not only jumped 102% over 2009 as consumers continue to demand the Audi A3 TDI clean diesel, which is the reigning 2010 Green Car of the Year, but also represent the best November for the Audi A3 in company history. Audi A3 TDI clean diesel models accounted for nearly 70% of vehicles sold in the A3 line. In addition, the Audi Q7 full-size luxury crossover sales rose by 500 units when compared to November 2009.
"It is no surprise that Audi continues to remain in the coveted pole position within the luxury vehicle market with an exceptionally strong brand identity and superior vehicle offerings," said Audi of America Chief Operating Officer Mark Del Rosso.
Audi sales highlights – November 2010
- November 2010 ranks as the best November in Audi of America history.
- Audi Southern regional sales team achieves new all-time regional sales record, surpassing previous mark set in 2007.
- Redesigned 2011 Audi A8 flagship sedan posts strong debut sales.
- Continued high demand for Audi cars and SUVs results in only 30 days supply of in-stock vehicles.
Audi Q5 and Audi Q7 November sales and news notes
- Audi Q5 crossover sales in November second only to A4; up 53% for the month.
- Audi Q7 sales doubled for November, with TDI as 45% of mix in November.
Audi A3, A5 and A6 November sales and news notes
- Audi A3 sales rose 102% in November; up 81% CYTD. A3 TDI is nearly 70% of mix.
- Audi A5 posted record sales for the month of November.
- The Audi A6 luxury sedan continued to climb: up 54% in November; up 31% CYTD.
Audi Certified Pre-Owned sales and news notes
- November 2010 ranks as the second-best November ever for Audi of America CPO sales.
- CPO sales experienced 44% uptick to 2,217 vehicles from 1,535 a year earlier.
Audi of America, Inc. and its 275 U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. During 2009 Audi outsold all other luxury brands in Europe, while in the U.S. market Audi posted the largest market share gain of any luxury automotive brand. Over the next few years, AUDI AG expects to spend nearly $2 billion annually on new products and technology. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.